How to Be Happy As You Want to Be - 7 Steps to Find Happiness In Life
We have all heard the song by Bobby McFerrin, titled 'Don't Worry, Be Happy'. The song is very powerful to make people see what is needed to be happy. The song of Bobby McFerrin has really helped a lot of people over the years. To live a resilient, happy and a life of optimism is a good thing, and also helps in having a healthy life. If you are happy, you would be protected from all the stresses of life. Stress is regarded as one of the major causes of death like cancer, heart disease and stroke.
One of the best statements ever made is, "The only thing in life that will always remain the same is change", and we all have the power to make the changes necessary if we are really interested. If we are passing through difficult situations, we can always find solace in the knowledge that things will soon change for the better.
Relationships or social networks are very important in getting happiness. Different people exist and you should be ready to accept them for who they are, avoid constant arguments, clashes and get rid of every resentment. If you cannot do without being involved in arguments, try to understand the situation and things will be fine. Everybody has happiness. Increasing it is a good way of making life better and be good health.
It is very easy to be happy. You only need to make the decision you will need to live happily. Abraham Lincoln made the observation that many people can choose how stressed or happy, how troubled or relaxed, how dull or bright, their appearance will be. There are several ways of doing this:
1. A great attitude is being grateful. There are many things for which you need to be thankful. Give thanks to the driver who is bringing you home safely, give thanks to the cook for the wonderful dinner and give thanks to the person who is always cleaning your windows. In addition, you need to give thanks to the mailman for bringing your mails home, as you also need to give thanks to the policeman for providing security.
2. News is stressful and you should always get less of it. Some people are not always able to live without news. Think about one thing: 99% of the news which we read or hear is bad news. Starting your day with bad news is not a good thing. It is also recommended to have a religious connection. Being a member of a religious group with its singing, chanting, sacraments, meditation and prayers, help inner peace.
3. Manage your time well. Time has great value and it is important not to waste it. Time management is a list of rules which involve setting goals, scheduling, planning, creating lists of things you need to do and making priorities. These are the most important things concerning time management, and should be well understood in order to develop a good skill for personal time management. These skills can also be modified to include the different types of each skill, which is capable of giving you more benefits to get good results.
4. Laugh every day. Have you ever heard a good joke? Tell your family of friends about it. As it is always said -'Laughter is the best medicine'.
5. Express your affection, passion, feelings, and friendship to all the people around you. They respond in the same way. Try as much as possible not to be angry or frustrated because this is very bad for your health. Instead of this, look for ways of expressing them in a way that will not hurt or injure other people.
6. You will get a lot of satisfaction if you work hard. It gives you the feeling of being competent in completing every task you lay your hands upon. We all need accomplishments; they give us a sense of value. Give attention to those things which deserve your time.
7. A joyful exercise is learning. Everyday, you should try to learn new things. Learning also helps you in expanding your horizons. Another benefit is that it gives you many opportunities in the future. Walk, jog and run as you do things which your body was made for. Be lively. Avoid being exposed to negative elements such as toxins, loud noises and dangerous places.
According to Abraham Lincoln, "Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
Permission is granted to republish this article on your
website on condition that you include the following byline with all hyperlinks
Felix Makmur is the owner of Secret of Happiness where he shares various tips and strategies that you can apply right now to find happiness in your life, regardless of your circumstances. Download your FREE Exclusive Report “How to Be Happy In Life No Matter What Happens” and 30-Minute Audio Meditation MP3 Worth Over $37 at http://www.secretofhappiness.net